Remove all metal stays before washing. Hand wash only with warm soapy water. Lay flat to dry.
- It is required that you follow the break-in period protocol for your dog. This helps to prevent irritation and allows your dog to become comfortable when wearing their brace. Failure to follow the break-in period could result in further injury to your dog.
- Your dog may wear their brace whenever they are active, both indoors and outdoors. However, EMbrace Shoulder Supports are not intended to be used in the water and should only be wet for regular cleaning.
- Remove your dog's brace when they are not active for extended periods of time. This allows their leg to relax, prevents irritation, and allows their skin breathe.
- Once your dog has successfully completed the break-in period without irritation occurring, they may wear their shoulder support for up to 14 hours a day. Wearing the brace for longer than 14 hours could result in irritation and/or injury.
- Please keep in mind that for each pet, the wear-time may be different depending on how sensitive their skin is or their overall tolerance to the brace. Your pet may not be able to or want to wear their brace all day. Please always pay attention to how your pet is reacting to their brace.
Similarly to breaking in a new pair of shoes, the EMbrace Shoulder Support should initially be worn in short increments as your dog builds up a tolerance to the device. For best results, place the brace on your pet for only half an hour the first day. You can typically increase this time by adding an additional half hour each subsequent day. You can facilitate this process by positively reinforcing and rewarding your dog for wearing the brace. Please keep in mind that the break-in period and time of each increment will depend on your pet's diagnosis and overall acceptance of the brace.
If there is any irritation or skin breakdown, discontinue use of the brace for a minimum of one full day or until the area has healed. If irritation still continues after the area has healed, discontinue use and contact us at email@example.com.
It is crucial that you thoroughly inspect your pet's skin after each use of the EMbrace Shoulder Support. This is especially important during the initial break-in period. While it is not uncommon to see minor problems for the first few weeks of brace usage, make note of any blisters or other unusual marks on the skin. Skin redness that does not disappear within an hour after the brace is removed and other signs of skin breakdown are indications of excessive pressure from the brace.
Both the EMbrace Shouler Support and areas of skin that come into contact with it must be kept clean. This reduces the chance of your dog contracting contact dermatitis or other skin conditions. Clean the brace with warm soapy water as needed. After cleaning, dry with a towel or let the brace dry at room temperature. Never put a wet brace onto your pet, as it will affect the fit.