1. Keep your dog at a healthy weight. Check in with your veterinarian regularly to determine the best weight for your dog!
2. Consider using a harness for all outdoor activities to avoid neck strain.
3. Help your dog to avoid excessive jumping.
4. Limit stair use in the house. Carry them up and down as often as possible.
5. Know the warning signs of spinal issues and take them to your vet to get checked :
Hunched back or neck
Loss of bladder control
Pain/weakness in rear legs
Paralysis in one or more limbs