Every strap comes with a new pair of screw and washer. We do not recommend reusing the old screws and washers.
Every strap comes with a new barrel nut. We do not recommend reusing the old barrel nut.
Vibra-tite is used on our braces as a threadlocker to keep the screws in place.
You will need this to remove the barrel nuts from your dog's brace
You will need this to unscrew the screws from the brace strap and the metal loop holder.
We typically will add loctite to secure the barrel nut and to prevent migration. If the screw is difficult to remove, then we recommend using a power drill
1. Starting from the bottom strap, use a locking pliers to secure the barrel nut from the inside of the brace and remove the screw with a Phillips head screwdriver.
2. With the locking pliers attached to the barrel nut, begin wiggling the nut back and forth until it comes loose. If the barrel nut is difficult to remove, we recommend using a locking pliers.
3. Repeat these steps until all the straps and metal d-ring holders are removed.
4. Remove the D-ring from the old strap and set aside to reuse on the new straps.
1. Begin by inserting the new barrel nut into the hole on the inside shell of the brace.
2. Straps will arrive pre-punched. Slide the metal D-ring onto the strap and Fold the strap back on itself so the holes align with each other and the loop material is facing you.
3. Insert the screw and washer into the hole on the straps and align with the barrel nut.
4. Add a drop of Vibra-Tite inside the barrel nut.
5. Using the Phillips screw driver, screw the washer and screw into the barrel nut.
6. Repeat on all straps.
We purchased Maggie Mae's brace because there was a 3 month wait for ccl surgery. Seeing her after 2 months we decided not to do surgery. she is happy & healthy more than a year out. We still use her brace on snow days and hikes out of caution otherwise she is good without it. Great product better support staff and would and have recommend AOC to anyone who wants an alternative to knee surgery for their dog. for reference Maggie Mae is a 136lb Saint / Berner mix.
We are so happy you have been happy with your purchase and that the brace has given your sweet dog the support she needs when she needs it. We hope for improvement with your dog each week. Please let us know if you ever have questions down the line, happy to assist. Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy day to write us a review and share feedback.
Animal Ortho Care
It’s a great decision on my own to purchase this knee braces for Jackson, he’s walking and running again and I recommend it to anyone who has dogs with knee issues
This is so great to hear! We are so happy your dog is improving with the braces and we hope for continued improvement each week. Please let us know if you have any questions along the way. Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.
Animal Ortho Care
We love the ACL brace. Opal loves it too. We still put it on every time she goes outside, even though she seems to be healed. My 2 Rotts play extremely hard together, so it is a precaution as to not hurt her leg again. Your brace saved me and Opal from having a very hard surgery. Thank you.
Thank you for provided us an update on Opal and hearing that she is adjusting well to the brace. We are happy that you found our company and continue to use the brace. Please keep us updated on her recovery!
Straps are identical to the original ones on the brace. Great quality.
Glad you are happy with the replacement straps. Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.
The straps I ordered didn’t fit properly. We haven’t been using the brace as a result.
Looks like customer care has reached out and are awaiting a reply. Please take the time to respond to their email sent so they can better assist with the replacement strap concern you are experiencing.
Animal Ortho Care