Every strap comes with a new pair of screw and washer. We do not recommend reusing the old screws and washers.
Every strap comes with a new barrel nut. We do not recommend reusing the old barrel nut.
Vibra-tite is used on our braces as a threadlocker to keep the screws in place.
You will need this to remove the barrel nuts from your dog's brace
You will need this to unscrew the screws from the brace strap and the metal loop holder.
We typically will add loctite to secure the barrel nut and to prevent migration. If the screw is difficult to remove, then we recommend using a power drill
1. Starting from the bottom strap, use a locking pliers to secure the barrel nut from the inside of the brace and remove the screw with a Phillips head screwdriver.
2. With the locking pliers attached to the barrel nut, begin wiggling the nut back and forth until it comes loose. If the barrel nut is difficult to remove, we recommend using a locking pliers.
3. Repeat these steps until all the straps and metal d-ring holders are removed.
4. Remove the D-ring from the old strap and set aside to reuse on the new straps.
1. Begin by inserting the new barrel nut into the hole on the inside shell of the brace.
2. Straps will arrive pre-punched. Slide the metal D-ring onto the strap and Fold the strap back on itself so the holes align with each other and the loop material is facing you.
3. Insert the screw and washer into the hole on the straps and align with the barrel nut.
4. Add a drop of Vibra-Tite inside the barrel nut.
5. Using the Phillips screw driver, screw the washer and screw into the barrel nut.
6. Repeat on all straps.
exact replacements for worn straps on our current braces. Worked well and easy to replace. Good quality straps.
Chloe is very ambulatory so the stitching only lasts 6 to 8 months. They are not expensive so it's not a problem.
You guys the best! The straps on Baron’s custom brace were getting worn and ratty. Ordered the replacement straps - so easy to replace the old ones! His brace is like brand new! Thanks!
We are so happy you are happy with your purchase! Let us know if you have any questions down the line, always happy to assist. Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.
Animal Ortho Care
They are great. Opal uses the brace daily to play and 2 Rott's can play hard. The original straps worked for about a year and needed to be replaced. We love your ACL brace. It has given her a better life.
Thank you for taking the time to review and rate the product. We are so glad to hear you are happy with your purchase. Please let us know if you have further questions or concerns down the line.
Animal Ortho Care